The FF20 CT is the expert microCT system for R&D, defect analysis, or CT metrology. It is designed for inspections of very small components and objects in the electronics industry, material science, and other research areas.
FF20 CT highlights
- Accurate material analyses in laboratory applications
- 2D detail visibility of down to 150 nm with 190 kV transmission tube
- Precise manipulation and temperature stability through granite base
- Intuitive Geminy graphical user interface with touchscreens
- Optional metrology version with an MPESD = 3.9 µm + L/75 [L in mm]
Non-destructive testing with high energy
The smaller components become, the more important it is to achieve highly accurate, reliable X-ray and CT scans for quality assurance, process control, and small series inspections. The extremely compact high-resolution systems Comet Yxlon FF20 CT and FF20 CT Metrology are designed specifically for the inspection of very fine parts and internal structures. With comparatively high energy of 190 kV, even dense items can be analyzed to the smallest detail.
See more of FF20 CT in the gallery:
Water-cooled 190 kV transmission tube
The 190 kV nano-focus transmission tube achieves a detail visibility in radioscopy (2D) of down to 150 nm. While its water-cooled target and coils allow for quick temperature balance and highest focal spot stability, four modes enable the optimal adjustment of the focal spot size in relation to power. In addition, the granite-based manipulator of the FF20 CT system guarantees temperature stability and smallest thermal expansion for maximum precision and accuracy.
Various trajectories for maximum flexibility
Graphic symbols and a wide range of automated functions enable the intuitive user interface Geminy to provide easy operation – independent of the operator’s skill level. At the same time, it offers a great number of features for flexibility regarding part sizes and inspection tasks, like CT trajectories such as HeliExtend (helical CT scan and reconstruction method), a horizontal field-of-view extension, a virtual rotating axis, and standard Quick/QualityScan.
Which items can be inspected with the FF20 CT?
- Electronic components incl. SMD
- Semiconductor packages
- Battery cells
- Injection molded plastics
- Products involving new materials or new manufacturing methods, e.g., additively manufactured components, fiber-reinforced plastics
- Microsystems (MEMS, MOEMS)
- Medical objects, e.g., cannulas
- Geological, paleontological, and biological samples
Which applications is the FF20 CT designed for?
- Quality assurance, material analysis, material research
- Failure and structure analysis
- Assembly checking
- Inspection of small serial productions
- Process control
Measuring the finest inner structures with the FF20 CT Metrology
The Comet Yxlon FF20 CT Metrology takes the accuracy of non-destructive measurements of the finest inner structures to the next level. It captures almost unlimited measuring points in one CT scan decoupled from the measurement evaluation. Seamless defect analysis and nominal-actual comparison save time and reduce correction loops and correction costs for product samplings. The FF20 CT Metrology meets the standards of VDI/ VDE 2630.
|Sample Diameter||280 [mm] (11.02")|
|Sample Height||700 [mm] (27.6")|
|Maximum Sample Weight||17 [kg]|
|System Dimension||2380 x 945 x 2180 [mm]|
|X-ray Tube||Y.FXT 190.61 transmission tube|
|CT Modes||QuickScan, QualityScan, cone-beam CT, helical CT, virtual rotation axis, FoV extensions, volume crop|
|Manipulation||granite-based, active air damping, 6 axes, wide FDD range|